We're Here To Help

Fraud Alert, Identity Theft and Active Duty Alert

If you believe you have been or are about to become a victim of fraud or related crime, including identity theft, or you are notifying of your Active Duty Status, and you have had ever had a background check performed on you by our company, you may contact us at (800) 300-1821 extension 199.  You will be asked to provide proof of your identity and additional information (or you may be provided a secure link to an online) to complete your request.  Upon completion, we will include a fraud alert in your file until you have contacted us to remove.  We will also provide notice of this alert via mail to the credit reporting agency if one was used to fulfill your background check, but recommend you also contact those directly as provided in the Additional Resources section below.

In addition to reporting to proper authorities, below are six authorities you should contact for identity theft recovery and to report your identity theft case, depending upon the type of fraud that has been committed:

1. Federal Trade Commission – For any type of identity theft, you should contact the Federal Trade Commission, which manages all identity theft consumer complaints. If your Social Security number has been used to commit identity theft, you can contact the FTC by filling out an online complaint form or by calling the identity theft helpline at 1-877-438-4338.

2. Social Security Administration – You can check if someone has used your Social Security number to seek employment or dodge taxes by ordering a copy of your earnings and benefits statement from the Social Security Administration .

3. U.S. Postal Inspector – If you believe that someone has used your mail to commit identity theft or has changed your address, contact the U.S. Postal Inspector.

4. U.S. State Department – If your passport has been lost or stolen, notify the State Department, and contact the Passport Services Department so that it can flag anyone who tries to order a new passport using your name.

5. Department of Motor Vehicles – Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles in your state if your driver’s license has been stolen or if the number has been used to verify checks or open new accounts.

6. U.S. Trustee – If bankruptcy has been filed under your name, write to the U.S. trustee from the region where the bankruptcy was filed. Make sure to include proof of your identity and a thorough description of the situation.

 Click here to view your Summary of Rights for Identity Theft Victims:

 Additional resources

To limit the damage caused by identity theft, you should also notify the three nationwide credit reporting agencies through their fraud divisions:

Equifax fraud division  P.O. Box 740250 Atlanta, GA 30374  800-525-6285
Experian fraud division  P.O. Box 1017 Allen, TX 75013  888-397-3742
Trans Union fraud division  P.O. Box 6790 Fullerton, CA 92834  800-680-7289

Fraud Alert, Identity Theft & Active Duty Form

Adverse Action