As a consumer reporting agency governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and other applicable state and federal laws, PRE-EMPLOY.COM is committed to protecting your right to privacy.
PRE-EMPLOY.COM will only collect “Personally Identifiable Information” about you if you voluntarily choose to provide such information to PRE-EMPLOY.COM and/or in connection with a background check authorized by you and/or applicable laws. “Personally Identifiable Information” that PRE-EMPLOY.COM may collect about you through our website or otherwise may include, but is not limited to: name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, birthplace, driver’s license number, social security number, employer, employment details, and information regarding prior criminal proceedings, civil proceedings or credit activities.
With Whom We Share Information
PRE-EMPLOY.COM will not disclose your “Personally Identifiable Information” to a third party, except in accordance with applicable laws. Typically, PRE-EMPLOY.COM will only disclose “Personally Identifiable Information” regarding the subject of a background check to a third-party in the following situations:
- To an employer or prospective employer who has been authorized by the consumer to receive information about him or her for employment purposes.
- To a landlord or property owner who has been authorized by the consumer to receive information about him or her for tenant screening purposes.
- To a governmental agency that has been authorized by the consumer to receive information about him or her for licensing purposes.
- To a school or educational institute that has been authorized by the consumer to receive information about him or her for admissions purposes.
- To a third-party representative or subcontractor of PRE-EMPLOY.COM to assist in the background screening investigation (e.g., providers that support or host this website or otherwise provide technical assistance, as well as court researchers and other service vendors).
- As otherwise required by law.
Where PRE-EMPLOY.COM transfers “Personally Identifiable Information” to a representative or third-party subcontractor assisting with a background check, PRE-EMPLOY.COM provides only the information required to assist with the background check. PRE-EMPLOY.COM prohibits such third-party representatives and subcontractors from using consumer information for any purpose other than assisting PRE-EMPLOY.COM with the background check. PRE-EMPLOY.COM also contractually requires such third-party representatives and subcontractors to maintain commercially-reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of consumer information they receive.
PRE-EMPLOY.COM does not resell to third-parties any data provided to us for marketing purposes under any circumstances.
Personal Information Disclosure: United States Or Overseas
Generally, PRE-EMPLOY.COM does not transfer information to third parties outside of the United States or its territories. Such transfers would only be done if necessary to complete an international background check (e.g., conducting an international criminal check or verifying educational or employment records outside of the U.S.).
PRE-EMPLOY.COM abides by all applicable state and federal laws pertaining to the security of data supplied to us.
As data security is the cornerstone of our business, PRE-EMPLOY.COM has taken many steps to protect the data it receives. Among other things, PRE-EMPLOY.COM:
- Utilizes an Intrusion Detection Service that is “intrusion prevention enabled;”
- Has established a “Firewall” with boundary routers, which is administered by security administrators with exclusive access to the devices.
- Has enabled certain technological devices with IPS and adopted SSL (Secure Socket Layer) that is VeriSign certified 128/256 bit encrypted. All of PRE-EMPLOY.COM’s secure sites fall under this certification.
- Is PCI compliant and monitored by Security Metrics.
- Limits access to certain portions of PRE-EMPLOY.COM’s website to PRE-EMPLOY.COM clients that have a user login and password.
When data is ready to be destroyed or disposed of, PRE-EMPLOY.COM follows all applicable laws and regulations and takes measures to ensure that all such records and data are properly destroyed and unrecoverable.
How To Access, Correct, And Change Personal Information
PRE-EMPLOY.COM strives to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the information collected through the website. If you have provided “Personally Identifiable Information” to PRE-EMPLOY.COM while browsing the public website and desire to access or update such information, please email us at email@example.com.
If you are a PRE-EMPLOY.COM client with a registered account, you may review and update your information by logging into your account. If you are an individual on whom PRE-EMPLOY.COM’s client has requested a background screening investigation and you have submitted “Personally Identifiable Information” to PRE-EMPLOY.COM at the request of such client for purposes of the background screening investigation, you may review your PRE-EMPLOY.COM file in accordance with your file disclosure rights under the FCRA, California Civil Code Section 1786.22 or any other applicable law by contacting PRE-EMPLOY.COM at 1-866-891-1954 or in another legally authorized way.
To protect consumers’ privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify an individual’s identity before granting access to “Personally Identifiable Information” or allowing corrections to such data.
Credit Card Data
PRE-EMPLOY.COM recognizes the importance of security during web commerce and transactions using bank and credit card information. Therefore, PRE-EMPLOY.COM has gone to great lengths to maintain such security. Among other things, PRE-EMPLOY.COM uses a secured SSL encryption for all direct transactions that involve credit card or banking information. This encryption allows PRE-EMPLOY.COM to send your credit card number and personal data over the Internet directly and securely to the credit card company. Once encrypted, only the credit card’s authorization company has the ability to decrypt it. PRE-EMPLOY.COM never displays your credit card number online. Additionally, we store any personal information you submitted on forms (i.e., your address, email, and billing information) on our secure server. Our server is tightly monitored and controlled. All customer information collected through our web transactions is maintained securely. Only those with proper identification and authorization have access to this information. Our SSL is VeriSign certified 128/256 bit encrypted. All of PRE-EMPLOY.COM’s secure sites fall within this certification. In addition, PRE-EMPLOY.COM is PCI compliant and monitored by Security Metrics.
PRE-EMPLOY.COM does not offer services to children under the age of 13 and PRE-EMPLOY.COM’s website is not directed to children under the age of 13.
Notification Of Privacy Changes
To obtain additional information regarding our privacy practices or to obtain information regarding policies in the event of a compromise of your personal information, please contact:
Name: Robert Mather, Chief Executive Officer
Address: 2301 Balls Ferry Road, Anderson, CA 96007